This page focuses on organization and management issues of interest to police and local law enforcement in Washington State, including strategic planning, advisory boards, police reserve programs, risk management and public records.
- Police Chiefs Desk Reference: A Guide for Newly Appointed Police Leaders, 1st ed., International Association of Chiefs of Police, under grant number 1997-DD-BX-0043, awarded by the Bureau of Justice Assistance, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, 2004.
- Police Facility Planning Guidelines: A Desk Reference for Law Enforcement Executives, International Association of Chiefs of Police, Published in collaboration with the Bureau of Justice Assistance, 12/2001
- Intelligence-Led Policing: The New Intelligence Architecture, Marilyn Peterson; Bureau of Justice Assistance, 09/2005. NCJ 210681
Provisions Establishing Police Departments
- Bothell Municipal Code Ch. 2.28 - Police Department
- Kent Municipal Code Ch. 2.22 - Police Department
- Lynnwood Municipal Code Ch. 2.36 - Police Department
- Poulsbo Municipal Code Ch. 2.26 - Police Department
- Renton Municipal Code Title III, Ch. 8 - Police Department
- Snoqualmie Municipal Code Ch. 2.16 - Police Department - Regular
- Union Gap Municipal Code Ch. 2.06 - Police Department
- Yakima Municipal Code Ch. 1.48 - Police Department - Organization
Police Advisory Boards
Police Review Boards
Public Records Management and Disclosure