This page focuses on organization and management issues of interest to police and local law enforcement, including strategic planning, advisory boards, police reserve programs, risk management and public records.
- Police Chiefs Desk Reference: A Guide for Newly Appointed Police Leaders, 1st ed., International Association of Chiefs of Police, under grant number 1997-DD-BX-0043, awarded by the Bureau of Justice Assistance, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, 2004.
- Police Facility Planning Guidelines: A Desk Reference for Law Enforcement Executives, International Association of Chiefs of Police, Published in collaboration with the Bureau of Justice Assistance, 12/2001
- Intelligence-Led Policing: The New Intelligence Architecture, Marilyn Peterson; Bureau of Justice Assistance, 09/2005. NCJ 210681
Provisions Establishing Police Departments
- Bothell Municipal Code Ch. 2.28 - Police Department
- Kent Municipal Code Ch. 2.22 - Police Department
- Lynnwood Municipal Code Ch. 2.36 - Police Department
- Poulsbo Municipal Code Ch. 2.26 - Police Department
- Renton Municipal Code Title III, Ch. 8 - Police Department
- Snoqualmie Municipal Code Ch. 2.16 - Police Department - Regular
- Union Gap Municipal Code Ch. 2.06 - Police Department
- Yakima Municipal Code Ch. 1.48 - Police Department - Organization
Police Advisory Boards
Police Review Boards
Public Records Management and Disclosure