Leasing of Government Property for Siting of Telecommunications Facilities
This page provides examples of lease agreements of government property for siting of telecommunications facilities and related documents in Washington State.
It is part of MRSC's series on Telecommunications.
Examples of Lease Agreements
- Cowlitz County Facilities Space Lease (2002) - Provides lease with McDaniel Cellular for rooftop space on Hall of Justice (courthouse) for cellular antenna facility
- Ellensburg Non-Exclusive Communications Site Lease (2000) - Provides lease with SU Cellular for space on city water tower for cellular antenna facility
- Mercer Island Telecommunications Site Lease Agreement (2010) - Lease with T-Mobile West Corporation
- Olympia and Lacey Lease Agreement (2008) - Agreement with Verizon for property for placement of antenna facilities
- Redmond Facilities Lease for Telecommunications Facilities (1997) - With Sprint for space on water tower for installation of wireless facility. Sprint Spectrum does not believe that this lease is representative.
- Ritzville Water Tower Lease Agreement (2004) - With Verizon for space on water tower
- Vancouver Lease Agreement (2004) - With New Cingular Wireless to maintain a radio communications tower.
- Vancouver Master license agreement (2010) - With LCW Wireless to locate unmanned radio communications and direct support equipment on city property
Examples of Ordinances and Resolutions
- Redmond Resolution No. 1042 (1997) - Establishes a filing fee for a lease application for locating telecommunications facilities on city property
- Seattle Ordinance No. 118737 - Authorizes the use of city real and personal property for the siting of wireless telecommunications facilities. Exhibit A of the ordinance is a model site agreement which is quite thorough, passed 09/29/1997
Examples of Application Forms and Requirements
- Kirkland Personal Wireless Service Facility Application
- Redmond Wireless Antenna Submittal Packet (2016)
- Spiegel & McDiarmid LLP: Federal Law Issues Relating to Wireless Facilities Leases on Municipal Property (2014) - Written by Tillman L. Lay and Jessica R. Bell for the Local Government Attorneys of Virginia Spring 2014 Conference
- Wireless Facilities on Public Property: Issues and Terms (1997), prepared by Robin Stice and Kelly Snyder of Roth-Hill Engineering Partners, Inc., Bellevue, WA. This brief study includes data showing the compensation paid to Washington cities for locating wireless telecommunications equipment on city property or buildings. Because of the graphs and small lettering, this document is not available electronically. Paper copies are available to Washington city and county officials by request.
Last Modified: March 06, 2023