Annual Financial Reporting Webinar Series - Report Year 2022
9 AM - 12 PM (Each Day)
Cost: $140 (Scholarships Available - See Below)
Credits: 6.0 CPE Credits
Registration closes on Monday, March 27 at 5 PM. All registrants will also receive a link to view the webinar recordings.
We can only provide certificates of attendance to those who register and attend the live webinar.
The Annual Financial Reporting Webinar Series is designed for “cash basis” cities, towns, counties, and special purpose districts. This series will look at how to file the annual financial report for the report year 2022.
The series has been developed to meet the need of those individuals responsible for the preparation and filing of the 2022 annual financial report. The series consists of two 3-hour webinars, held on consecutive days, with each webinar addressing specific components of the “cash basis” annual financial report and allowing for Q&A at the end. The series agenda will be as follows:Wednesday, March 29:
- Preparation Steps for the 2022 Annual Financial Report, Reporting Requirements, Schedule 01 and Financial Statements C4/C5 - This session will address the preparation steps needed for reconciliation of financial data, review fund classifications and balance designations for cash basis entities, discuss Schedule 01 data, including an analysis of edit reports received from the SAO online system, and cover the 2022 reporting requirements and variables for cities, counties, and special purpose districts.
- Supplemental Schedules 06 to 22, Notes to Financial Statements, Review and Submit - This session will cover all supplemental schedules, including a detailed discussion of Schedule 06 (bank reconciliation) for cities, towns, and counties and the reporting requirements for Schedule 09. This session will then address individual Notes to Financials, including how to tie the notes back to financial statements and supplemental schedules, and will cover internal/external reviews of the annual report and final submission of your report to the SAO.
Registrants should commit to attending the full series, which has been designed to provide a complete understanding of the various steps needed to prepare the financial statements, notes, and supplemental schedules required for the 2022 financial reporting period.
Who Should Attend?
Clerks, treasurers, clerk-treasurers, finance directors, and any administrative or finance staff responsible for preparing the cash basis annual financial report.
- Eric Lowell, Finance Consultant, MRSC. Eric Lowell joined MRSC in December 2020 as a Finance Consultant after working in local finance for over 14 years. He gained his experience working for a local city and a special purpose district. At MRSC, Eric provides guidance to local government on various financial issues.
- The Washington Counties Risk Pool (WCRP) will provide one (1) training scholarship per member-county for this webinar. Those wishing to take advantage of the offer are asked to contact your county risk manager to request the registration code before you register. To learn if you are a WCRP member or if you have questions about scholarship opportunities, please contact MemberServices@wcrp.wa.gov.
- Washington Cities Insurance Authority (WCIA) Members: This MRSC webinar qualifies for reimbursement under WCIA’s Training Reimbursement Program and is eligible for reimbursement. Program can be applied under the entity’s annual 1 percent training reimbursement allotment. Requestors must confer with their entity’s assigned WCIA Delegate and/or Alternate for reimbursement authorization. Requests must be submitted through the WCIA Origami Member Portal by the designated Origami user. For questions about reimbursement or determining your WCIA Delegate, Alternate or Origami user, contact WCIA Member Services at email@example.com.
- Read about other scholarship opportunities.
Payment Policy: Payment for this webinar is completed online by credit card only. If you need to be billed, there will be a $5.00 administrative fee added to your registration fee. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to request an invoice for this webinar.
Refund Policy: Refunds of the webinar fee will be provided in full if registration is canceled before Monday, March 27 at 11:59 PM. After that, refunds will be provided minus a $5.00 administrative fee up until the start of the webinar. Please contact email@example.com if you need to request a refund on the morning of the webinar.
If you are registered for the webinar and are unable to attend, you will still be able to view the recorded webinar afterwards. However, if you cancel your registration, you will not receive a link to the recording.