Join Our Team
MRSC is an independent, nonpartisan, and nonprofit educational organization that helps local governments across Washington State better serve their communities by providing legal and policy guidance on any topic.
Our team of about 25 people works on a collaborative basis and includes attorneys, policy and financial experts, planning and procurement professionals, communications and training specialists, program and accounting administrators, and information technology staff. Some of our staff members have decades of work experience, while others are just beginning their careers. We strive to work following our Guiding Values and Principles.
MRSC has the below open position. We also announce job openings at MRSC through our Weekly Insights e-newsletter.
Public Policy Intern
Our summer part-time/full-time Public Policy Intern position is open. Please submit application materials by June 5 at 4:00 PM.
Our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of individuals of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. We encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status, or other status protected by law.
Perks and Benefits
We offer flexible hours and work arrangements. Our office and many of our staff members are based in Seattle, but many staff members work primarily from home, including several who work and live in other parts of Washington State.
MRSC provides competitive salaries and generous benefits, including:
- Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA) retirement savings plan with an MRSC contribution of 7.5% of gross earnings
- 100% Medical premium for enrolled employees, 50% for spouse/domestic partner, and 80% for qualified dependents
- 100% Dental and vision premium for enrolled employees and dependents
- Optional flexible spending account
- ORCA Card transit pass
- Learning and development support
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 paid state holidays plus 2 floating holidays
- Wellness program incentive
- Home internet reimbursement ($25 per month)
- Home office setup allowance
IMPORTANT - DO NOT DELETE THIS PARAGRAPH: Once the job announcement has been posted, contact the staff members responsible for e-newsletters and social media to coordinate distribution. (In addition to the normal job board channels, LinkedIn, social media, etc.) Note that text within this div is hidden using CSS and is not visible to users. No need to place intern positions in the e-newsletters.