Finance Tools, Checklists, and Templates
This page provides MRSC-created tools, checklists, and templates to assist in the preparation and planning of key financial documents for cities and counties in Washington State.
- Budget Preparation Checklist for Small Entities
- Budget Document Scorecard
- Glossary of Budget Terms
- Sample Budget Ordinance
- Sample Budget Request Letter
- Sample Budget Message
- 2023 Legal Compliance Calendar for Clerk/Treasurers and Finance Departments – To print full size, use Legal paper (8.5" x 14")
- Sample Schedule 06 Workbook (Excel download) – For cash-basis cities and counties; includes sample calculations for summarizing the agency’s bank reconciliations on a monthly basis, with different tabs for each month as well as a separate tab for year-end totals. Such monthly reconciliations can then be used to complete SAO’s annual Schedule 06 template.
- Find Your Contracting Requirements – Provides statutory competitive bidding thresholds and requirements for every local government entity
- GFOA: Sample Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- WA State Auditor's Office: Resource Library – Tools, best practices, checklists, and other documents to help government work better, with an emphasis on financial management and reporting